How to duplicate a stack that has a data grid template substack ?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Nov 21 10:15:17 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 3:40 AM, André Bisseret <andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

> By the way, do you confirm that if I need several data grids on the same
> card I must get a data grid template stack?
>
> Up to now, when I need one data grid on a card, I usually get it by copy
> (copy group "DataGrid" of group "Templates" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"
> to this card) and then, if necessary, I copy it on other cards.
> It is the first time I tried several data grids on the same card.

I just did a quick test and didn't find any problems.

1) I copied 3 data grids to a new stack using your copy code.

2) I filled in each with 6 lines of data using the Contents property pane.

3) I renamed each one to DataGrid 1, DataGrid 2, and DataGrid 3
respectively.

4) I put this handler in each data grid group script:

on selectionChanged
   answer the short name of me
end selectionChanged

5) I went through and clicked on each one. Each time I saw an answer dialog
with the short name of the data grid I clicked on.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps