Whats the proper way to show a help field?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 16:20:50 EST 2014

Two things.

First, jacque makes a point, in that even with a toolTipDelay of 1 the toolTip itself is jittery. I guess it is really a note gizmo that in intended to tell you something while the mouse hovers over an object, and does not move overmuch. A field that tracks the mouseLoc is really much nicer, since many "mouseMove" messages are sent in a short time while the cursor is on the march. Can you do that? make it appear and disappear, and track? The toolTip handles that automatically, but is not as smooth at all.

Second, read up on the "mouseText". This can be used (unless there is some other relationship between the mouseLoc and your desired text) to great advantage. Do you see how to do this?

Craig