Stripping Returns

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Tue Nov 18 21:45:38 EST 2014

A field has a limit on the amount of characters
you can have on each line.  What if I put the
text of a field in a variable and it has 500,000
characters.  Then I strip all of the returns that
are in the field.  Does that leave only one line
with 500,000 characters?  That exceeds the
amount of characters allowed per line so what
happens to the text in the variable?

Another similar question is what happens if I am
reading a file until the end and it is very large.  Will
returns be automatically placed if needed so the line
limit got characters is not exceeded or do I need to
read large files in sections that are less than the line
limit for characters?

John Balgenorth