LC Server on DreamHost?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 17 23:27:33 EST 2014

Scott Rossi wrote:
 > Unfortunately, I¹m still having no luck getting LC server to run.
 > The test page provided with the RunRev lesson doesn¹t render with
 > the server calculated values, so something¹s not working.
 >
 > Is this maybe a permissions thing?  I recall having to double-check
 > permissions of certain files/folders with the server folder once
 > uploaded.
 >
 > I¹ll ask again: does anybody here have LC server set up and running on
 > DreamHost, with a configuration that they could pass along?

:: raises hand ::

:)

Every computer problem can be solved by determining the differences
between the working and non-working states.

If the only thing you've changed is the engine file, check that the
permissions for that are executable (chmod 755 <filename>).

Also, make sure your .htaccess file has been updated to point to the new
executable.

If that doesn't do it, we're then in Whiskey Tango Foxtrot land, since
those are the only two things *you've* changed, so we need to look at
what may have changed in the system config.

You could try running the Server app by passing it the name of your .lc
file from the command line to make sure the app runs and that it's able
to return values:

    ./livecode-server  somefile.lc

If you encounter any issues they should show up in your terminal.

If none of that helps, let us know and we'll diagnose further.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems