hair-pulling frustration

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:07:22 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:15 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> An unresponsive IDE was mentioned. The editor and the IDE can both become
> "frozen" if you are debugging and you try to do something else without
> exiting debug mode. Not only can you not type into the editor, which is to
> be expected, but most of your stack and even the IDE won't respond either
> (though the message box still works, and the app browser.) Almost
> everything else just stops and you are in a state of suspension while the
> engine waits for debugging to finish. The solution is to hit the blue
> square to stop debugging, or to hit the Run button to execute the rest of
> the handler, and everything picks up again. I've never seen the IDE freeze
> up outside of that situation.

What works, however, is far more limited than in 5.5.

The freezes I see include while editing or scrolling, when it freezes for
2-5 seconds before accepting clicks or keys, and just plain locking up
*after* exiting debugging and refusing evermore to make any changes,
requiring a restart of livecode.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462