How safe and feasable is it ?

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Sun Nov 9 12:35:32 EST 2014

Hi list
Thank everyone for your answers.

If anyone is interested, I just made some tests : I have an app used by
various realtors spread around the country. They all have an identical set
of pratices imposed by law, and evolutions of the law lead to regular updates
of the app. At the same time, each one has some specific ways of doing
certain things, determined by the geography of their area, or by their
clients...
Therefore, each update of the app is specific for every realtor is a
headache,
since it needs to include new evolutions of the law, while keeping the
specific functions & settings of everyone.
Of course, downloading stacks from a simple front-end crossed my mind,
but for the coder it's still the same headache of maintening a different app
for each client. I also need to say that the app is a 1 card stack, and it
allways needs a remote connection to a server to be used.

The test I made consists in downloading the script of the main card from
a preopenstack handler. The idea is to have all specific functions of each
realtor as a set of handlers in the stack script, while all functions that
need
regular updates are gathered in the card script. The size of the card script
is about 130 Kb; once compressed and base64 encoded, it only weights 20Kb
and can be downloaded at every app startup in a blink.

But my original question remains : how safe is it ? Unlike a stack, a script
can't be password protected... I guess I'll have to build my own encryption
protocol...

Thanks
jbv