LiveCode and learning C++

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Nov 6 18:59:30 EST 2014

On 7 Nov 2014, at 10:43 am, Paul D. DeRocco <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> The video indicates that you can wrap "any" OS API. Does that mean that
> callbacks are seamlessly integrated into the LC messaging architecture?
> That's always been the sticking point for me when writing externals.

I don't know for sure but my expectation is if you need callbacks or delegates or blocks or listeners depending on your language then you would implement some code in that language. I'm not really expecting much more than a more developed lcidl compiler with perhaps a UI that makes it feel like there's no code generation and compilation step going on in the background.

Cheers

Monte

--
M E R Goulding