libURLsetVerification

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Nov 6 16:18:44 EST 2014

My client has just received a report from a user who got an error about
a self-signed certificate in the certificate chain at depth 3. This is
the first one of these we've seen out of hundreds of users operating the
app almost daily over the last several months.

The app has libURLSetVerification set to false and shouldn't be
enforcing any validation. So, some questions:

1. The app was compiled with LC 6.6.4. Is anyone aware of any libURL
issues with that version?

2. The error occured after a POST to a server and the POST did not
complete. Would the error be due to the server trying to validate, or
from my app? The server has a valid signed cert.

3. Is it possible for a one-off error like this to occur for any other
reason? Could a depth 3 error be from a cert on the user's computer?
They're running Windows, if it matters.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com