repeat with messages

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri May 16 22:31:33 EDT 2014

Well, yeah, normally it is paired, but this is just a trick.  If there is really a “paint now” command, I’d use that.  The trick doesn’t seem to work any more.  I have to use wait and a wait takes a while.  The way to minimize that is to avoid waiting each time through the loop but only wait when there is an interesting change in what is displayed.

Is “with messages” really required to get the screen to update?

But whether it is wait or unlock screen it is not explicit.

I usually use send, so this issue comes up only with a few quick and dirty scripts.

Dar