[OFF] Cool Plugins

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 10 04:41:53 EDT 2014

On 10/05/14 06:40, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richard-
>
> Friday, May 9, 2014, 8:15:13 PM, you wrote:
>
>> If we could work out a way to share the work on this with RunRev, anyone
>> here interested in rolling up their sleeves to help?
> You mean trying to work with a rev team that spent six months ignoring
> the fact that nobody could log into revOnline? No thanks.

They still suffer from this attitude.

The Open Source initiative came with some sort of promise of increased
openness,
but what has happened is that RunRev are open about what suits them: meaning
new things and features. What is ignored are things such as RevOnline
because they
cannot be plugged on the website.

So, RunRev are really very good about pushing forth new ideas and new
initiatives,
but pretty awful at maintaining initiatives they set up previously.

The first RevOnline was just dumped with no effort being made to
transfer all the
user contributed stacks (which represented a lot of work on the part of
those
users) to the new version. Now the new version of RevOnline has been,
frankly,
rotting for quite some time.

------------------------------------- analogy follows ------------------

My wife and I have 2 sons: one is 19 and the other is 22.

I can imagine if, when they were about 12 we just chucked them out in
the road
because we wanted to have 2 more babies.

Children, as anyone who has had them well know, are an ongoing and
increasing
responsibility.

In fact I think I can categorically state that I think that I finally
became an adult
about a week after our first son was born: I was sitting beside him
while he was
bawling his head off: all I wanted to do was go down the road for a
couple of
glasses of beer and an hour and a half reading a book - "no luck, chum;
you've
got this 'thing' for life, like it or not."

RunRev should take care of the children it already has, even at the
price of not
having so many new babies so frequently.

Come to think of things this may argue an element of immaturity
somewhere . . .

Richmond.