Change to the label property in 6.7

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Mar 29 19:37:49 EDT 2014

Just ran some tests on this on Windows 8.  It seems to work as advertised.

However I think what happens to the menuHistroy when you set the label to a
non existent value is incorrect.  In that circumstance, the menuHistory is
unchanged which is inconsistant with what happens if you set the
menuHistory using lineOffset with a value that doesn't exist, which results
in the menuHistory being set to 1.

I have to admit that I'm really concerned with the increasing frequency of
changes that are being made to the behavior of various entities without
regard to backwards compatibility.  I don;t disagree that the new way that
the label property woks makes more sense, but I am still going through my
code to figure out if the change will screw anything up.

It causes too many people too many problems to change the way things work.
 If there is a good reason to have something work differently then there
should be a new name for it or an adjective applied to the old way to make
it work the new way.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>