7.0 Issues

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Mar 23 15:36:09 EDT 2014

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 3/23/14, 2:23 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> For the long term, should plugin settings be stored separately from the
>> plugin itself, so that the plugin isn't modified?
>
> Probably. But for now the most expedient solution would be a feature
> request in the QCC asking RR to preserve the file format in their plugin
> handlers. That shouldn't be too hard for them to do, and it's a good
> time to request it since v. 7.0 is in active development.

I wonder if that should be extended to all stacks - whenever any IDE
action would save changes to a stack file, it could check the stack file
version of the stack and if saving would change it the user would be
asked what version to save as, with the default being the one that
causes no backward incompatibility.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems