RELEASE: LiveCode 6.6

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 04:45:30 EDT 2014

Thanks for the suggestion!  I've tried to follow it, but the problem is I can
get detailed instructions for how to install the pango 32 bit libs on
earlier versions of Debian which had the ia32 libs. However this has
vanished from the repositories with the latest releases to be replaced by
multiarch, which of course is installed.

I have come on an article from 2007 (!) which reports a similar problem and
offers a fairly complicated workaround.  But that depends on having ia32....

This is really a bit ridiculous.  64 bit is here to stay, so is Debian, lets
just get it done.  I have tried installing the 7.0 preview, and the same
thing happens there too.

My version that I got installed and running is 6.1.1, so I guess I'll be
sticking with it until a 64 bit release comes out.  I cannot be alone in
having this issue surely?  Well, maybe....

Peter