New chunks

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 00:48:13 EDT 2014

Hi Bob,

I have an app that I use for manuscript analysis and have done some of this "prep."

For example to deal with decimal points, since the digit following the decimal point is always a number (0123456789):

     repeat with i = 0 to 9
      replace "." & i with "\" & i in tText
   end repeat

So that 3.14 becomes 3\14 and 2.3456 becomes 2\3456

But that's only the beginning.  There are a massive number of abbreviations: Mr. Smith, etc. Jan. , A.D., Dr.

I have a list of about 70.

But then there are names: P. G. Wodehouse and on and on.

I find my script useful for my own needs, but I don't see any commercial application. Just too many unexpected places where a period will show up.

So I really can't see the purpose of RR's "sentence chunk". I wish they would explain.

Jim