NASA's First Asteroid Grand Challenge -coding-

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:49:30 EDT 2014

Interesting coding challenge from NASA. $35,000 prize.

I've hilited the part that caught my eye in relation to Live Code.

'The Asteroid Data Hunter contest series challenges participants to develop
significantly improved algorithms to identify asteroids in images captured
by ground-based telescopes. The winning solution must increase the detection
sensitivity, minimize the number of false positives, ignore imperfections in
the data, *and run effectively on all computer systems.*'

http://www.nasa.gov/content/be-an-asteroid-hunter-in-nasas-first-asteroid-grand-challenge-contest-series/index.html
<http://www.nasa.gov/content/be-an-asteroid-hunter-in-nasas-first-asteroid-grand-challenge-contest-series/index.html>

Any takers?

-----
Andy Piddock

Copy the new cloud space, get your free 15GB space now:
Get Copy

Your LiveCode Work Desks - New Blog
http://livecodemydesk.blogspot.de/

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode