Calculating age

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jun 28 22:04:58 EDT 2014

Many thanks to Mike and Hlowe, I suspect the algorithms you suggested are
doing very similar things and are an improvement over my approximation.
Mike, I don't think you can calculate the seconds of a date prior to
1/1/1970 since the seconds are calculated as 'from that point'. An astute
observation I never noticed. Since I was only calculating the ages of
actively pregnant women, it was extremely unlikely any would be born prior
to 1970. But in any event, your improved algorithm neatly side steps that
issue.

Thanks,

Mark