Name shadows another variable

Jerry Jensen jhj at jhj.com
Fri Jun 27 22:38:01 EDT 2014

On Jun 27, 2014, at 7:08 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Pete-
>
> Friday, June 27, 2014, 9:31:20 AM, you wrote:
>
>> A full description is in my QCC report number 10511
>
> Having now read the bug report (*very* interesting reading) my
> thinking is that this may well be connected to variable preservation
> rather than explicitVars, even if you don't currently have variable
> preservation turned on. Here's my current theory:

I have had trouble with this shadowing thing in the past, on more complicated projects than I'm working on now.
I just checked, for the first time in a long time, and found variable preservation ON. I always use explicitVars.
In the troubled times, I would often see the problem shortly after successful compiles, with the error seemingly unrelated to what I'm working on at the moment. Quit & Restart LC would make the trouble go away (and a successful compile) for a while.
This one is SLIPPERY.
I'll report if I see it again with variable preservation now off (for good).
I'm now using 6.6.2, the troubles were with older 6.?.? versions. OSX 10.8.x in troubled times, OSX 10.9.3 now.
.Jerry