Best approach to introduce students in programing to LC ?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jun 10 18:42:00 EDT 2014

Hi JBV,

I could imagine that first-year students have no or almost no experience
with programming. They might need to get acquainted with concepts such
as abstract thinking, logic, recursion and perhaps GUI design.
Additionally, they will need to learn elementary syntax, and how to use
variables and other containers.

Not very long ago, I announced that I'm working on a new book. While my
current book might be useful --specifically for second-year students--
the new book is probably more suitable for your first-year students.
This new book will deal with all basic concepts mentioned in the above
and leave out all advanced subjects, which a teacher could still add to
the course as a bonus.

I'm looking for people who want to review this book and you might want
to join. Perhaps we can arrange something, so you'll be able to use it
in September.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille