[ANN] A little info about my book

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jun 4 08:54:28 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

It's been a while that I made any announcements about my book. I have
been working on the 3rd print of "Programming LiveCode for the Real
Beginner" and had some issues with printing and logistics. We have
sorted out all issues and now I'm happy to announce that the book is
available again.

The third print of Programming LiveCode... has been updated to include a
few new XML commands that were introduced in the latest stable release
of LiveCode. I have also mentioned the textEncode and textDecode
functions, which are going to appear in LiveCode 7. It should be clear,
though, that I have kept the changes to a minimum.

It looks like LiveCode 7 would require a considerable rewrite of the
book. For now, this would take me too much time. Perhaps I'll do this
some time in the future, when I have sufficient spare time on my hands.

While I was trying to get the book printed again, people kept purchasing
and by now most of the books have been sold already. We have only 30
copies left and we will print more in 2 months. If you don't want to be
on a waiting list, order now and we'll send the book to you next week.

You can order the book at http://qery.us/4ie and more info is available
at http://qery.us/4id

--
Best regards,