Need to filter out items of list

Skip Kimpel skiplondon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 06:37:33 EDT 2014

Hi Pete,

Yes, it does relate to the previous post about dumping the data into a DB and then manipulating it from there.  That was my initial thought process but I abandoned that concept and decided to deal with the file internally.

Initially I thought that I would not need the data after it been "consumed" but now I am seeing a possible need for it for other purposes.   I might just redesign this thing with the database method instead.

For now I have things working and it is smooth.  Maybe I will rework it this weekend.  If the text file that I am using already contains headers in line 1, is there a quick and simple way to create and dump all that data into a mysqlite file?  My guess is no but I figure I better ask first before heading down a more complicated path.

Thank you everybody for all of your input.

SKIP