Naive question 5978

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:20:10 EDT 2014

Hi Richmond,

I've updated my website with a stack demonstrating how to drag&drop
rows from a datagrid to another. This is an updated version of an
example I've already shared in the past.

The stack is demonstrating:
- dragging from dg 1 to dg 2 with deleting the row in dg 1
- dragging from dg 1 to dg 2 by duplicating the row in dg 2 without
removing it in dg 1
- column and data binding: the column order in dg 1 is not the same
than in dg 2. You can play with the column order in the inspector.
- reordering rows in dg 2

http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/4-lab?download=25:drag-drop-lines-in-datagrid

Best Regards,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a bog-basic data extraction stack that extracts lines from a list
> field and puts them into another list field.
>
> I want to make an equivalent stack using 2 dataGrids . . .
>
> Now when I put something like this:
>
> if line XXX of dataGrid "BING" contains "Socks" then
>    put line XXX of dataGrid "BING" into line ZZZ of dataGrid "Pants"
> end if
>
> I get a really bad attack of the Red Blobs.
>
> I stuck my neck right under the guillotine and tried this:
>
> if column 2 of line XXX of dataGrid "BING" contains "Socks" then
>    put line XXX of dataGrid "BING" into line ZZZ of dataGrid "Pants"
> end if
>
> Head dropped straight into the basket!
>
> As this is my first (Yup: FIRST) foray into DataGrids I would be grateful
> for a few pointers.
>
> The Dictionary (6.6.2) tells me nothing when I look for 'dataGrid" and
> nothing when I look for
> 'Column' that seems to refer to dataGrids.
>
> Richmond.

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com