[OT] SWIFT

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Jul 14 20:28:41 EDT 2014

Swift is going to have an amazingly fast adoption rate.

People learned Objective-C to write Apple apps. It’s not really usable for anything else. All those people using Objective-C will switch to Swift for several reasons; it is easier to learn (it has a playground), it is designed to prevent common programming errors, and you can keep your old code in Objective-C and write your new code in Swift and keep moving your app forward. Everyone using Objective-C will convert to Swift and that conversion is going to occur really rapidly.

Livecode is still a great development environment. The adoption of Swift is going to be … swift.

Kee