[ANN] What if there's no way to upload a file to a server?¨

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jan 28 10:34:59 EST 2014

Hi,

More than once, the question has been asked how to upload files to a
server from a mobile device. An important problem is that sockets aren't
supported by default and a bug on Android preventing pictures from being
saved to an album or attached to an e-mail. You might use Dropbox or a
similar service, but requiring your customers to use an additional
service doesn't give a very professional impression.

I have created a very simple LiveCode+PHP library, which uploads small
files to a server. It might also work with bigger files, but I haven't
tested this yet. This library works on any Android/iOS device and also
works on desktop machines with any operating system.

There is no documentation yet and the current version is quite crude. No
security has been implemented yet. If you're curious, you might want to
have a look. If you need an off-the-shelve solution, then maybe not yet.

The library can be downloaded at http://qery.us/43p after making a
donation (or if you made a donation less than 1 year ago). Currently,
our server doesn't send e-mails automatically and you may have to wait
up to 24 hours to get access to the private downloads.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com