numToChar with socking great numbers

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 08:58:16 EST 2014

Richmond

Are you sure that it's not just a font issue? I believe that Python is
installed in a standard Ubuntu distribution so I tried this in Xubuntu:

peter at schulz-xubuntu:~$ python
Python 2.7.5+ (default, Sep 19 2013, 13:49:51)
[GCC 4.8.1] on linux2
>>> print u'\U0001F4A9'
💩
>>> print u'\U0001D122'
𝄢

As you may see the F clef displayed correctly but the pile of ... didn't.

Peter

PS If you view the email under OS X you could well see it.