There should be a "unique" option on sort . . .

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jan 7 02:11:09 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:51 PM, Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I *think* I tested up to 100,000 lines -- spent the day traveling back from
> Boston to St. Louis, a little groggy -- *but* my keys were always integers.

Hey Geoff, which version of the array logic did you use, Richard's original
or mine with the split command?  There's a considerable difference between
the two.

Just for fun, tomorrow I'm going to try this by creating an in-memory
sqlite database and using a SELECT statement with a GROUP BY clause just to
see how it compares.  I'd be surprised if it was faster but you never know.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>