LiveCode and SCRUM tools

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 09:29:27 EST 2014

I've seen the scrum method work well for teams as small as three
developers, along with a product manager and floating scrum master. We do
scrum in a very informal way, even by scrum standards, and what our exec
team thinks of as scrum is really closer to kanban. (btw, I knew the origin
of both terms)

I'd say the key, "you're not really doing it" features of each are:

Scrum: time-based sprints, with release and review/planning in between
them; some form of scrum-master who runs stand-ups; a managed backlog; a
defined process for substituting requirements during a sprint.

Kanban: a visual, managed, workflow with work-in-progress limits;
continuous release process; a prioritized backlog; feedback loops.