Stopping accepting connections

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 11:51:40 EST 2014

Paul.

Do you mean to "close" a socket?

Craig Newman

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul D. DeRocco <pderocco at ix.netcom.com>
To: LiveCode list <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Thu, Jan 2, 2014 11:35 am
Subject: Stopping accepting connections

What's the opposite of "accept connections"? That is, how do I tell LC not
to accept any more connections? I want to be able to place a limit on the
number of connections accepted, by counting them and disabling further
connections when that number is reached.

And how do I (the server) know when the other end has broken a connection,
if I'm not trying to send to the connection? Do I get some sort of
message?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com