Flow/wrap text into an irregular shape--was briefly: use-livecode Digest, Vol 123, Issue 56, my mistake

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 19:27:43 EST 2014

Jim Hurley-2 wrote
> [snip]
> I learned  something I was unaware of. In RunRev v. 5.02 all the graphic
> points had to be whole numbers. You could set the loc of a button, field,
> graphic etc. to fractional numberers, but they were not allowed as graphic
> points. I recall putting in a request to allow for full decimal point
> precision in the graphic points, and, lo and behold, I see in LC v. 6.5.1
> that is indeed possible.
> It wasn’t just a matter of precision, but if you unknowingly set a
> fraction point among the grc points, the graphic didn’t display at all. So
> I would go looking for a mistake in the code and it would sometimes take
> me a while to realize is this quirk in RunRev at that time.
>
> Very happy to see that fix.

Many thanks for pointing this really useful tip.

A welcome addition to this old vector graphics experiment,
as soon I found time to include it:
http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/ANN-penTool-0-3-2h-with-scalable-gradients-td4653241.html

Al

--
View this message in context: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Re-Flow-wrap-text-into-an-irregular-shape-was-briefly-use-livecode-Digest-Vol-123-Issue-56-my-mistake-tp4674228p4674239.html