Strange behavior of the IDE?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 27 16:17:14 EST 2014

On 2/27/14, 1:03 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> put myFunction(myParameter) into field "myField"
>
> The first line of the function has a breakpoint in it, but as soon as
> execution moves to the function, none of the breakpoints within it
> apply. It's as if I'd clicked on the 'step over' button in the IDE
> instead of the 'step into', but I haven't. This is entirely
> repeatable. What did I do wrong? I suppose it may be a bug, but I
> rather dread cutting it down to a simple example. Has anyone any idea
> what is causing this?

Does your function call handlers in any rev libraries? Those ignore
breakpoints. If so, you can try setting the global gRevDevelopment to
true, see if it starts working again. You probably won't want to leave
that setting on for very long, it will step into all the IDE code.

Usually when it happens to me, I just set the breakpoint on the next
line down, or wherever it starts working again.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com