Ugly stack filename problem after Save as!

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 13:23:46 EST 2014

On 19/02/14 20:07, Klaus major-k wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I am experiencing a very strange problem after I save a stack AS.
> Looks like LC remembers the original filename and insist on using it,
> EVEN after I quit and restart LC!?
>
> Today I made a little test and there is something rotten in the state of denmark :-)
>
> 1. I created a new stack with one field and one button;
> on mouseup
>    put the filename of this stack into fld 1
> end mouseup
>
> 2. I saved the stack on my desktop
>
> 3. I click the button, all correct:
> <http://major-k.de/temp/stack1_desktop.jpg>
>
> 4. I save the stack with the same name in another folder using menu "Save as..."
>
> 5. Then I click the button, the correct path appears in the field, but immediately I get
> an error dialog "loop of death", have to hit COMMAND . to get out of this?
> <http://major-k.de/temp/stack1_dialog_loop.jpg>
>
> 6. Then I save the stack CMD-S and it gets saved as in 2. = wrong filename!?
> <http://major-k.de/temp/stack1_wrong_filename.jpg
>
> What is happening?
> Where could LC possibly store any previous filename and how to get rid of this?
> Checked all props and prop sets to no available.
>
> I'm using LC 6.3.2, OS X 10.9.1
>
> Any hints much appreciated!
> sorry

Yo, Klaus: did you hear about the death of Bob Casales at 61?
http://www.clubdevo.com/

Probably time to cut down on the fatty cheeses!

I am about to ask a very insulting question; brace yourself:

When you did "Save As" I have a feeling that Livecode "thinks" (sorry,
bad anthropomorphizmus, Ik weet, Ik ben een idioot; vergeef me)
that it has 2 stacks in its memory with the same name.

This is similar to my having 2 stacks called "FattyCheeses.livecode";
one on the desktop and one in a folder called "Bob_Casales" on the desktop.

Now; if I open the one on the desktop, and then open the one in the
folder I'm going to get what education lawyers (Yeah, I know, the
parasites do exist) call "a conflict of interests.

So: to your stack called "filename_test1.livecode" . . .

You have a stack with this name open in the IDE; a stack you have saved
to /Users/klaus/desktop/

and you do a "Save As" with it to /Users/klaus/desktop/RevKram/

at that point I think Livecode 6.3.2 (err . . . why are you not using
6.5 ???????) "thinks" (sorry, again) it has 2 stacks
called "filename_test1.livecode" open.

The 'normal, tedious, way round, until the RunRev chaps stop working a
40 hour week' [some of us: including Thee and Me, Klaus, put in a hell
of a lot more than 40 hours] would seem to be this:

do your "Save As";

then: do a "Close and Remove from Memory",

then open the Saved-as stack in its NEW location.

Richmond.