3D Raycasting in LiveCode?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Mon Feb 17 10:22:00 EST 2014

Hi Scott,

This looks like an interesting project you put together.

Just a note about your visible corner problem.
That has always been a problem in these games.
Something in the math I think as z approaches infinity?

The way most games solved this problem was to
use curved corner wall intersections.  "Marathon Infinity”
is a good example of this. Instead of having a
corner like this:   <  make it more like:  (  .
You’ll find the raycast algorithm likes it a lot better!

Thank you for your efforts on this great demo!

Rick