LiveCode in Elementary Schools

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 10 12:01:48 EST 2014

j at unmla.com wrote:
> I'm interested in learning whether LiveCode is an appropriate tool
> for introducing elementary school children to the field of computer
> science.

LiveCode has been eagerly adopted in the educational market. I can't
find the link, but Scotland's schools throughout the country have
adopted LiveCode as the preferred method to teach basic programming skills.

On the RuvRev web site there are three write-ups of how LiveCode is
being used in educational settings. While these aren't elementary
schools, I think the same principles would apply to any age student:

<http://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/>
<http://www.gracemounthighschool.co.uk/>
<http://livecode.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/eleanor-white-paper-white-paper.pdf>

The main web page with all these links and more is at:

<http://livecode.com/showcase/>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
http://www.gracemounthighschool.co.uk/