Stupid simple version control using dropbox

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Feb 8 19:57:28 EST 2014

Paul, Howard-

Saturday, February 8, 2014, 3:07:28 PM, you wrote:

> You need a Business account or a Pro account with add ons for version history.

Not necessary.

> On 2014-02-07, at 12:36 PM, Howard Bornstein <bornstein at designeq.com> wrote:

>> However, I don't see the stack versioning you describe in any of my stack
>> files on Dropbox. Is there something specific one needs to do in order to
>> invoke this characteristic of Dropbox?

(the description below is for linux, I assume other OSs are similar)

Right-click on the Dropbox icon in the tray
Select Launch Dropbox website
Find the file you're interested in
Right-click the file for the contextual menu
Select Previous versions
>From the list that appears, select one checkbox
  (ignore the fact that the checkbox looks like a radio button)
Click the Restore button

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com