set the textstyle is dramatically slower on 7.0.1 than 5.5

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 10:50:16 EST 2014

Hi Malte

Does the server version of LC have the ability to set styledText?  I've
never used it, so I'm not aware of its limitations. From my reading of that
forum post, it seems the preferred method is to create a sample
script/results which run on LC server.

Reading the contributions to that thread, I didn't see anything as bad as
this 20x slowdown between 5.5 and 7.0.1 .

I just did a test on 5.5 vs. 6.7 and there was very little difference in
terms of speed with regard to this method of setting styledText.

Regards,
Bernard