set the textstyle is dramatically slower on 7.0.1 than 5.5

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Dec 31 06:55:39 EST 2014

Hi Bernard,

I am afraid 7.x is quite a bit slower in many places...

see: http://forums.livecode.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22072

Most of this has to do with the rewrite of the engine I guess. Add the overhead for unicode... Boils down to I can not make the switch to 7.x just yet, before the dev team has found ways to optimize performance. If you find other areas where it is significantly slower, please do me a favour to set up a small benchmark and post it to the forums. The dev team and Richard as community manager are aware of that thread and as far as I understood actively looking into ways to optimize.

All the best,

Malte