resetting preferences in 7.0.1 rc4 (Windows 7)

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:58:27 EST 2014

That is not a preference that is saved, its session specific.  I looked at
the script for that menu, and the function that sets the look and feel (or
at least the one that determines which look and feel should be used, on
initialization) is this:

function revThisLookAndFeel
   if the platform is "MacOS" then
      return "Macintosh"
   end if

   if the platform is "Win32" then
      return "Windows 95"
   end if

   return "Motif"
end revThisLookAndFeel

Which makes me wonder if "the platform" is returning something funky on
your system, thereby defaulting to "motif.