hide / show oddities ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Dec 2 06:48:22 EST 2014

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, experiences, etc.

Definitely not mismatched lock / unlock, since all the other parts of
the screen are fully updated.

I couldn't (naturally) recreate anything in a smaller sample, nor even
reliably be sure to make it happen on demand. I finished up using a
pattern rather like

    show grp "abc"
    set the vis of grp "abc" to true
    wait 0 millisecs with messages

every time I want to show or hide things (and had seen a problem).

No visible problems now - and no real idea how to try to track it down
any further. I'll build an artificial deeply nested group structure in a
stack, and randomly change the hide/show status of different groups
within it, and test for visibility mismatches - and leave that running
as a test. If that shows anything, I'll submit a bug report (and update
this list for info - but I won't hold my breath :-)

Thanks again
-- Alex.