[OT] Filemaker and Hindi

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun Dec 14 17:08:34 EST 2014

Thanks for the ideas. The final text ends up in an XML export. We see Hindi in the Excel spreadsheet that the translators are providing, but it ends up as scrambled Roman characters in Filemaker. I think though that those characters will end up looking right if I set the font to a Hindi one. One complication is that some of the Roman characters end up being XML markup characters, which breaks the XML. I can solve that by putting Hindi entries inside CDATA tags. It’s a shame though to have to go to that trouble when other non-Roman languages are working fine.