The defaultStack after loading?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Dec 2 05:29:38 EST 2014

I have a splash stack that opens a data stack (i,e. the data stack is not part of a standalone or initial start, but gets loaded after the program starts). This data stack has a lot of substacks. I just noticed (both in the IDE and the standalone) that after loading the data stack (by ‘go’ to the first card of the main data stack using the path to the stack file), the defaultStack is set to the last substack in the list of substacks for the data stack. Can this be right? After all, I have done nothing to open these substacks - they may be in the machine, but I haven’t explicitly opened them.

Does anyone think this behaviour is normal? I would have expected the recently loaded mainstack to be the default, so that a script reference to an object would automatically refer to an object on the first card of the mainstack. Is it something that’s changed in LC7?

I’m using LC 7 rc 2 on Mac Yosemite. I will see if I can run tests on earlier versions of LC, but I have switched entirely to 7 now, so it’s not so easy.

TIA

Graham