iPhone kiosk

Mark Wilcox mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 17:26:58 EDT 2014

I'm no jailbreaking expert but as I understood it, the issue is not that
you can't get new versions of iOS quickly but that you can't install
older firmware to a device unless you have already jailbroken it. You
can't overwrite legitimate firmware with anything but newer legitimate
firmware because the firmware itself includes version and signature
checking.

What's so special about this custom hardware that the device needs to be
jailbroken? Why can't it go down the MFi route?

--
  Mark Wilcox
  mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk