Standard Library

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 04:32:30 EDT 2014

Kay,

> As I said, the problem was:   </
> needed to be:  a \ backslash delimiting the / forward slash.

Really?

Mind you trying this simple one which works here
and without any backslash!

on mouseUp

   put "rtyrtyyrtyryt <H>dfdfddfdfdfdf </H> qwewqwqe" into T

   put "<(?P<tag>[A-Z])[^>]*>(.*?)</(?P=tag)>" into RX

   if matchText( T, RX, theTag, theText) then
      put "Found:  tag: " & theTag & ", theText: " & theText
   else
      put "not found"
   end if
end mouseUp

Could you show me in the regular expression docs why
do we have to escape a slash?

I would be very much interested to
have a small stack with the code and the datas
as I'm collecting snippets for a day to make some HowTos..

Kind regards,

Thierry