revDataFromQuery and DELETE FROM

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 18:09:10 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Dan Friedman <dan at clearvisiontech.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.   The entire error string is "revdberr," (with the
> comma).  I tried your suggestion of using revExecuteSQL instead of
> revDataFromQuery() and I did not get the error. So at least I have a
> suitable workaround.  Thanks for the assist!

I try to always check my results and trigger a "panic" that shows the
returned error when a query fails.

For this one, I just take an exact match of "revdberr," as a success code.
So

if theRes <> "revdberr" then
panic "bad delete in someFunction" & cr & cr & theRes
end if

If you're *not* checking your return codes, you're asking for pain . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462