Two quick questions:

Devin Asay devinasay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 04:51:21 EDT 2014

On Aug 19, 2014, at 11:47 PM, Paul D. DeRocco <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> 1) What's the simplest way to test if running under the LC IDE versus as a
> standalone?
>
> 2) For a Mac standalone, how do I get the full path of the .app file,
> which is actually a directory? I'm trying to get the standalone to find a
> custom external .bundle which is actually contained inside the .app file.

Paul,

Re #2:

In a Mac standalone the defaultFolder property will return the path to the .app file. If you want the path to the executable inside the bundle, use the filename of the stack and chop off the last item. I often include a function like this:

function parentFolder
get the filename of this stack
set the item delimiter to slash
return item 1 to -1 of it
end parentFolder

That works in the traditional Mac OS X environment; once we have to start using sandboxed apps we may be able to get that info using specialFolderPath(“engine”), as you can now on iOS.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University