numToChar and HTML5 ?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 09:04:37 EDT 2014

Let's just suppose I want to deploy my Devawriter as a web-browser based
"thingy" . . .

Now Devawriter is currently cooked up using Livecode 4.5, and as such
makes heavy use of

numToChar

in fact one could almost say that Devawriter IS numToChar incarnated in
physical form.

I am well aware that with Livecode 7 numToChar for Unicode characters
gets lost and is replaced
by

numToCodepoint  [no backwards compatibility in those parts]

which means that should I want to compile a working version of my
Devawriter I have to replace
all my thousands of numToChar statements with numToCodepoint ones

[which is really just an automated process]

Now, the (post burble) question:

Am I to take it as automatic that HTML5 (i.e. browser-based versions of
Livecode standalones)
will be hived off from Livecode 7.0.0 or later?

Richmond.