What is LiveCloud?

Nick Pulido nick at canelasoftware.com
Fri Aug 15 19:06:22 EDT 2014

> I was just coming here to ask about this too. I hadn't seen it mentioned
> before and as someone who's used mongodb with livecode applications in the
> past I am intrigued. Can someone share a little bit about the technology
> stack behind the scenes of livecloud?
>
> A couple of questions I have:
>
> What kind of database or storage system does livecloud use on the backend?
> Are livecloud calls from within livecode non-blocking (asynchronous)? (the
> biggest things getting in my way with working with a rest api in front of a
> mongodb was blocking liburl calls)
> What does the means of communicating with livecloud look like under the
> hood? (is it a web service underneath or a direct socket connection?)

Hey Andrew,

Here are a few tidbits about the LiveCloud stack:

• LiveCloud (LiveCode native API)
• Private REST API (Apache, PHP)
• CassiaDB (proprietary database server written in LiveCode)

The LiveCloud API calls are currently blocking. LiveCloud is a web service that does not require a socket connection. Feel free to send me a message if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Nick Pulido
Canela Software
LiveCloud.io