Helping newcomers anticipate that standalones can't save to themselves

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 16:10:13 EDT 2014

Thank you, Richard, for the URLs regarding JSON.
Have you used any of them? Do you recommend one?
As for LC-library to make working with CouchDB more convenient, it is a project of mine.
I should have this all worked-out in the coming weeks.
I will share it with y'all, once it's completed, polished, and documented.

Meanwhile, if you discover such a lib (for CouchDB), please notify me.
So much to do, so little time!  ;-)

On Friday, August 15, 2014 3:38:48 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

Alain Farmer wrote:

> I am also interested in JSON, because this is the native format
> of JavaScript, Couch, and MANY other tools. It is essential for
> inter-operability. Btw, Couch is a relatively-new no-SQL database,
> much faster than any SQL, designed for massive distributed systems,
> specialized in replication & synchronization. Couch's API is native
> HTTP : HEAD, GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Meanwhile, back at the LiveCode
> ranch, it would indeed be nice to be able to handle JSON, load it as
> an array and/or a graph. Is it the case already ?

With CouchDB's main API being HTTP-based, do you know if there's a
library for LC to make working with it even more convenient?

As for JSON, there are several libraries that convert LC arrays to JSON
and back again:

<http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/82/LibJson-1-0b>
<https://github.com/luxlogica/easyjson>
<https://github.com/montegoulding/mergJSON>