externalPackages

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Aug 13 19:23:08 EDT 2014

On 14 Aug 2014, at 01:12, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> > Richard is wrong. The goal is to be able to use any language,
> > including anything that is available for the separate OS-es.
>
> Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.  But given that the engine is currently written in C++ and much of the code is platform-independent, can you tell us more about this real goal and how it fits in with the development of a multi-platform toolkit like LiveCode?

You said there'll only be the new LC-like language to do externals. Instead there'll be most available languages, due to the way the new approach is different then the current one. One of the possible languages, and of course the one that ppl need to use a bit for wrapping the interfaces, will be the additional, new LC-like language. That is only concerning the new external interface.