Standard Library

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Aug 11 21:12:08 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Thierry Douez <th.douez at gmail.com> wrote:

> As one engine contributor brings the PCRE library (regex) up
> to date some time ago, it is easy to deal with this:
>
> Check capture group naming and branch reset.
>
> Both are helpful to avoid those kind of errors.
>
> Thierry

Thanks for that Thierry, learned something new about regex!

I've always kinda thought the return variable parm to matchText was a
little strange as it relies on you knowing how many matches will be found
in advance.  It would be great if the returned variable could be an array
keyed by the numeric match number, alike the variables you can supply to
the some of the database functions. Only 1 variable required that way and
you can use the keys of the array to get hold of all the matches.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>