"read...until <string>" -- buffer size

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 04:24:55 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM, FlexibleLearning.com
<admin at flexiblelearning.com> wrote:
One step further: Why not automatically "maxReadSpeed()" as
> part of the LC's  startup routine?

I thought of that, but not everyone needs blinding read speed and I
could imagine that the tests to determine the fastest combination of
settings could take a couple of seconds; and certainly long enough to
be noticeable. So that's why I'd leave it to be manually run and
include a note with the open file for read Dictionary entry (and any
other functions that my benefit from faster read/write access) that if
repeated reading from Disk is going to be a big part of your app, a
few seconds at the beginning running maxReadSpeed() could save a whole
lot of time when you really need to crunch data.