OpenControl

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 5 03:32:19 EDT 2014

On 8/4/2014, 10:24 PM, Sri wrote:
> Hi Jacque:
>
> Wilstrand's method seems to work (with a little modification). In the
> following, oldCardID is a custom property of the group. The first focusOut
> is issued on closeCard.
>
> on focusOut
>     local tID
>     put the ID of this card into tID
>     if tID is not the oldCardID of me then
>        set the oldCardID of me to tID
>        -- here, change the contents of the group, as necessary
>     else
>        send "focusOut" to me in 50 milliseconds
>     end if
> end focusOut
>
> Let me know if this doesn't serve your purpose. I am just trying to learn
> from all you experts on this use group.

Very close. :) I can't set up the group until I arrive at the card,
because the group needs to read some card properties before it changes.

That said, I've realized that no background group will work at all. Any
group that has background behavior is going to be affected by my
backscript, regardless of what message it responds to. Which means I
asked a silly question.

The group works fine with openControl as long as it isn't a background
group. But I'm glad you and Mat posted, I'm sure this technique will
come in handy some time. I thought Mats idea was pretty clever.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com